Italian Lentil Soup
Last Updated on
Soup prepared from the base – Vegetable Recipes fried in bacon, onion and garlic, boiled, seasoned with crushed tomatoes and separately cooked lentils.
1. Boil the soaked lentils for a day separately in water with bay leaf and thyme
2. In the meantime, in a saucepan, fry the diced bacon with onion, add 2 chopped garlic cloves towards the end of the frying, if the bacon does not let enough fat, add a little oil
3. Add the coarsely grated carrots and celery to this base and sauté for about 5 minutes
4. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper and add about 250 ml of water, cook for about 15 minutes and then add the cooked lentils to the soup
6. Serve the soup sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
The recipe is from the book Recipes from Farmers’ Markets by Hana Michopulu. Source. You can also find more recipes on the blog: In the Kitchen Always Open ….