Quiche with spinach
Last Updated on
Dough stuffed with a mixture of spinach and cream with eggs, sprinkled with grated cheese, baked in the oven.
1. Sift the plain flour with salt, work it with cold butter cut into smaller pieces, 1 egg and a little lukewarm water into a dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in a cool place for 30 minutes
2. Dry the washed spinach leaves, remove the tougher stems and finely chop them, finely chop the peeled onion and garlic
3. Fry the onion in hot oil, add the chopped garlic and spinach and simmer for about 5 minutes, then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
4. Mix the cooking cream with the remaining eggs and stir in most of the finely grated cheese
5. Roll out the dough, line a pie tin with it, prick the bottom of the pie with a fork, fill with the spinach and cream and egg mixture, sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese
6. Place in a preheated oven and bake at 200 °C for about 30-40 minutes.