Last Updated on
Dessert prepared from delicious homemade sponge cake covered with liqueur and topped with yolk and chocolate cream.
1. Beat the egg yolks with a whisk with the icing sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan, stir in the plain flour and mix until smooth, it goes well, just need to unmix well away from the sides
2. In another saucepan, bring the milk and lemon zest to the boil and slowly add to the egg yolk mixture, stirring to prevent lumps forming
3. Place on the lowest heat possible and bring to the boil, stirring constantly, boil for about 5 minutes and stir until thickened
4. Pour off about a third of the cream and stir in the broken chocolate, it will melt beautifully, just stir well, let cool slightly but not long, it solidifies quickly
5. Pour a layer of light cream into glasses, cups, bowls or a large serving bowl, arrange a sponge cake (I cut out circles of different diameters, depending on the size of the glass), drizzle with wine, light cream again, sponge cake again, wine again and watch out for change! Brown cream, sponge, wine and light cream
6. Decorate the dessert and leave to cool.
Preparation of sponge:
1. Separate the egg yolks from the whites in two containers, whip the egg whites into stiff snow and refrigerate, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until foamy
2. Add flour (or baking powder) a pinch of salt
3. 4. Bake on a greased and floured baking tray at 180 °C until golden brown for 15-
20 minutes, then leave to cool.
Recipe from Cooking with Tom, photo and text by Jana Šenkyříková