Golubce (stuffed cabbage leaves)
Last Updated on
Ground meat wrapped in cabbage leaves, seasoned with spices and onions, cooked in the oven on cabbage and onions, covered with water and tomato puree, until tender.
1. Mix meat with finely chopped onion, season with salt and pepper, knead thoroughly
2. Turn the head of cabbage with the broom upwards and cut the leaves to make them easier to peel off, put the head in a large pot of boiling water and let the leaves gradually peel off and soften, counting always two per roll, let the leaves dry and cool on a paper towel, cut the ribs to make the rolls easier to twist
3. So put two leaves on top of each other, form the meat into a roll and place it on the leaves, fold the leaves over the meat from both sides so that they overlap, then from the bottom and finally from the top
4. In a roasting pan, brown 2 chopped onions in oil, add the remaining 1/
4 cabbage heads cut into noodles, add salt, allspice, whole pepper and bay leaves and mix with tomato puree, pour the water in which we cooked the cabbage and cover the rolls
5. Cover and bake in a hot oven at 200 °C for about 40 minutes
6. Then remove the rolls and stir in the sour cream mixed with a little hot sauce so that it does not curdle, return the rolls and return to the oven to cook for a while.
Source. You can also find more recipes on the blog: Always Open in the Kitchen ….