Hot dog with bacon and onion rings
Last Updated on
Cut baguette smeared with barbecue sauce, filled with toasted sausage, bacon slice and fried onion rings.
1. Prepare the barbecue sauce; in a pan in heated oil, saute the peeled finely chopped onion and peeled minced garlic cloves, pour in the bourbon, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, then add the ground pepper, sugar, worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to thicken the mixture
2. Mix cane sugar, ground paprika and chilli in a bowl, place the bacon slices on a rack in a 160°C oven or grill, sprinkle with half of the prepared mixture from the bowl and bake for 7 minutes, then turn over, sprinkle with the remaining mixture and bake for a further 8 minutes to crisp and cook the bacon
3. Mix the plain flour with the starch, baking powder, sugar, salt, ground paprika, gradually add the beer and whisk until smooth
4. Then dust the peeled onions cut into rings with flour, dip them in the prepared beer batter and fry them in a higher layer of heated oil until golden brown and let them drain on a napkin
5. Cut the baguettes, spread them with a layer of barbecue sauce, put a grilled sausage in the middle of each, a slice of bacon, sprinkle with slices of fried onion and serve immediately.