Fish and Chips
Classic English cuisine! Batter-coated fish fillets fried until golden brown, served with chips.
1. Wash the fish fillets, dry them thoroughly and drizzle both sides with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, then coat them in flour
2. Stir the sugar, salt and beer into the flour, then the 2 egg yolks, add the milk and water, mix a smooth batter, let it stand for 30 minutes, then carefully stir in the whisked egg whites
3. Coat the fish portions in the batter and immediately fry in hot oil until golden brown, after removing the fried fish, add salt
4. Serve the fried fish with the prepared fries, ketchup, tartar sauce and lemon wedges. Preparation of homemade English-style fries:
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into 1 cm thick fries, put them in water and let them soak for a while
2. Fry the well-drained fries in oil heated to 160 °C until they turn slightly golden, then take them out, increase the oil temperature in the fryer to 180 °C, put the potatoes back into the oil and fry until golden.
In some recipes, the fish fillets are brushed with spicy mustard before coating.