- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Light mayonnaisetbsp
- 2 Dijon mustardtsp
- 1 SaltDash
- 1 Black PepperDash
- 2 Whole-wheat breadSlice
The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe Ever
- What’s the best egg salad sandwich recipe ever? You probably didn’t know. This is what I
believe: The best egg salad sandwich recipe is the one that you have discovered for yourself. No
one else knows your secrets.
- You may have heard of an egg salad sandwich recipe from others. But there was only one person
who invented the best version. And she went by the name of Lillian Butler.
- Lillian Butler was a nineteenth-century female, who worked as a seamstress in a large
seamstress factory. One day, she discovered a new way to make hand stitches. She began
making her own clothes. She spent her days and nights making her own dresses, one at a time.
But when Lillian returned home, she realized that she was much more creative than she was in
the factory. She decided to go back to school to become a seamstress again.
- During one of her classes, she discovered a book with a sewing machine inside of it. This was
the sewing machine that she would use to become a seamstress. Lillian also realized that she
had a talent for inventing and designing.
- So when Lillian returned to her sewing class, she had to present her invention to show her fellow
students. She made a quick printout of her best egg salad sandwich recipe and handed it to her
teacher, a lady named Mrs. Sutherlin.
“When Lillian presented this idea to Mrs. Sutherlin, she exclaimed, ‘You have created the
greatest egg salad sandwich recipe of all time!’ ‘This will work wonders on my husband’s high
- Lillian’s teachers were amazed at her accomplishment. The next day, they called Mrs. Sutherlin
to see if she could help her students.
- “I will make you a bet,” Mrs. Sutherlin said. “If you create the best egg salad sandwich recipe of
all-time, I will give you an antique sewing machine.”
- The bet was on how long it would take. Lillian, being the smart cookie that she was, knew that
the kitchen ingredients were quite simple.
- Lillian took her teacher’s bet and went to work. She created the best egg salad sandwich recipe
ever. She presented it to her teacher and Mrs. Sutherlin, still with the old sewing machine.
‘In a flash of inspiration,’ said Mrs. Sutherlin, ‘you have turned the typical egg salad sandwich
into a pie!’ ‘This is the best pie I have ever tasted!’
Put the eggs in one layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover at least two inches or two with cold water. Heat the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil. Turn off the heat, leave the pan on the hot burner, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain the pan and transfer the cold water to the eggs so that they cool quickly and stop cooking further.
Once a hard-boiled egg has cooled, peel and slice it. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
Mix well and spread on bread or toast to make a sandwich.