- 6 pieces bread
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 tbps melted Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Raisinoptional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 beaten Eggs
- Squeeze 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Bread Pudding Recipe
- What is it that we love most about red pudding, and how did it reach the subcontinent? It is believed that the British East India Company brought here the Bread Pudding, which later turned into a “royal piece” of sweet aromas of cardamom and saffron, sweetness of sugar and dried fruits, and milk and top color. Kings made for kings.
- Bread has been an integral part of the human diet for thousands of years. It is believed that in today’s times of old, the cook would have made new sweet dishes instead of throwing away the sliced bread.
- It is used for years to thicken and prepare dessert puddings, for decoration in soups, and for filling or coating. Basie bread could be cooked on a bake, fry, or even on a towel.In ancient times hollow breads were also used as cups for drinking hot or cold sweet milk, puddings, salmon, or eggs, and so did bread pudding Recipe.
- Bread pudding was also popular in ancient Egypt and was called Um Ali. It is reported that once a Sultan was hunting along the shores of the river Nile that he was hungry. They should stay in a nearby pro-village village. Villagers call one of their cooks, Um Ali, to prepare food for hungry guests. The expert cooked some wheat bread, dried fruits, milk and sugar and baked it in the oven, and thus the name of this delicious dessert fell on its maker.
heat broiler at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Break bread into small pieces in 8 inch square baking pan. Melt butter or margarine on bread. Sprinkle with raisins if desired.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over the bread, and lightly press down with a fork until the bread is covered and the egg mixture dissolves.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or return to the top springs when lightly taped.