- 3 tbsp, divided cornstarch
- 1 pound , cut into thin 1-inch pieces flank steak
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons packed light Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Canola or vegetable oil
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced white onions
Beef With Broccoli Recipe
- I bet most of you like the recipe we are to cook. It is a delicious dish that is very tasty but most of us are forced to think that it is difficult to cook. But the truth is, this dish is really amazing and easy to make.
What I am talking about is Beef with Broccoli Recipe
and here are the ingredients 👈👈 on the left side we’ll be using
- First of all, this is best for a dinner recipes. we need to mix all the ingredients for the marinade in which we need to taste the beef so we will make the marinade first. oyster sauce beef broccoli always comes with oyster sauce. We’ll also add our cooking wine. What I am using is called “Shaoxing” cooking wine
you may use sherry (optional)
- But if there’s no wine available, we may not use any these are so-called “nice to have” ingredient
This is sesame oil this adds flavor to our beef broccoli make sure not to overuse due to its strong flavor let us now add our Knorr Liquid seasoning I’m using around 1 tbsp.
- before I use soy sauce but when I started using Knorr liquid seasoning, my Beef with Brocolli got better so I started using it since then mix all the ingredients thoroughly
- As you can see we started with all our liquid ingredients, now we will add our granulated white sugar or sugar and because we started with all the liquids, sugar could now be easily diluted. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
- Continue mixing until sugar completely dissolves here is our marinade. We may now add our beef slices I am using top round beef which is slightly tender but you may also use beef tenderloin or beef sirloin for a More tender beef to make sure all the beef is lying with our marinade and since our beef is slightly chopped, we have to mix it well to make sure. allis evenly coated marinate for 15 mins.
- The longer they marinate, the better for better flavor absorption add cornstarch after 15minutes
What’s the purpose of cornstarch? Corn starch thickens our beef sauce with broccoli
this doesn’t affect the flavor but you will see later the difference in texture make sure that the cornstarch is evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Let’s start cooking our broccoli preheated pot with a little cooking oil.
Then fry the ginger and garlic, first fry our ginger, it is ginger that is finely chopped.
It’s better for this recipe to use a finely chopped ginger and garlic
add minced garlic as soon as possible
- stir continuously
stir in the shortest possible time. You don’t need to wait for it to turn color brown
after 10 sec, add broccoli
stir-fry, as quick as possible
about 2-3 minutes
once it’s done, remove from the cooking pot and transfer to a clean plate
- cook the beef that we marinated in the same pot Preheat the same pot
we used before with cooking oil
heat cooking oil
- let us now add our marinated beef
spread the beef
scatter even more
stir-fry the beef until brown
When we stir, switch to high heat for better results
make sure to stir it continuously
- Rest for a moment so that part of the beef be cooked, then stir afterward
this is almost done, we’ll just have to continuously stir it until beef turns brown
Cooking beef depends on the meat you are eating
let’s say we are using tenderloin or serloin, we could just have it stir-fried, add the broccoli, cook for 3 minutes then we’re good
But if the part of the beef we are using is neither sirloin, tenderloin nor top round, then we have to add water and boil it a little if its thinly sliced
- Remember that this move is optional
So if we are cutting beef, it is not tender, we can add water and boil it
or if in case you wanted a saucy presentation of this recipe, you may do that
So my point was about the first texture if we add cornstarch.
You can see the sauce gets thicker when we cook Continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- As you noticed after 5 minutes, you will see that there is more liquid in our vessel even though we did not add water. We need to uncover and boil until the sauce is reduced by half
And then we can now add ground pepper to this season
and then mix add salt if necessary taste the sauce, if it’s necessary, then add some salt
I’ll just season this a little bit and mix it Now it’s ready, I will add our stir-fried broccoli
- And then cook it for another 3 minutes after 3 minutes, it’s ready now
Transfer to a serving plate and serve with hot rice
we may also cook this with noodles for it to be “Chow Mein”
so it depends on you on how would you like to have it in your beef with broccoli recipe
this is now our Beef with Broccoli recipe Come, let’s taste this
Let us now have a taste of our Beef with Broccoli Recipe!!! Smell good!
In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of corn starch with 3 tablespoons water. Add the beef to the bowl and toss it to collect.
In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger with the remaining 1 tablespoon corn starch. Set the sauce aside.
Put a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and once heated, add the beef and cook until the beef is almost cooked through. Using a chopped spoon, transfer the beef to a plate and set aside.
Put the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan and once heated, add the broccoli florets and chopped onion and cook, stirring until the broccoli is tender, stirring for about 4 minutes.
Return the beef to the pan, then add the prepared sauce. Boil the mixture and cook on the stirring fish for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Serve with rice.