Spicy Semolina Soufflé
Last Updated on
French recipe for a tasty soufflé served, for example, with plums stewed in wine.
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites, whip the egg whites into stiff snow
2. Slowly heat the milk, add a pinch of salt and 20 g of sugar, slowly add the semolina and boil, stirring constantly
3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir the egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of the butter into the semolina, let it cool
4. Grate the cheese finely and stir it into the cooled semolina together with the beaten egg whites
5. Preheat the oven to 180 °C, grease the soufflé moulds and sprinkle with the remaining sugar
6. Fill the moulds with the semolina and cheese mixture and put them in the oven, bake for 20 minutes, do not open the oven during the baking time, otherwise the soufflé will crumble!
7. After 20 minutes, increase the power by 20 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes, it is the increase in temperature that will ensure that the mass runs out and forms a golden brown cap.
Serve stewed plums as a side dish.