Leftover Swedish meat sauce easy recipe
1. 1/2 pound ground beef
2. 1/2 cup chopped onion
3. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6. 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
7. 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
8. 1/2 cup water
9. 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
10. 6 drops hot pepper sauce
In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Where you can use it:
This delicious Swedish meat sauce is perfect for smothering over any type of pasta! It would also be amazing as a filling for tacos, burritos or even enchiladas. If you want to keep it more traditional, serve it over some mashed potatoes or rice.
– If you want a little bit more of a thick gravy-like consistency, add an additional 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour to the beef mixture at the very beginning.
– I like to use fire-roasted diced tomatoes for this recipe. They add a nice smoky flavor that really takes the dish up a notch.
– If you want a little bit more spice, you could add some additional hot pepper sauce, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the recipe