Buns with Soda
Baked buns, loved by some people, hated by others, served with yolk cream.
1. First, prepare the starter; mix the crumbled yeast in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of lukewarm milk, a tablespoon of flour and sugar, let it rise
2. Mix the sifted flour with the salt, eggs, oil, remaining sugar and the risen leaven, pour in the remaining milk and work the dough, let it rise for 45 minutes until it doubles in volume
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured rolling pin, divide into 4 parts and roll into rolls, cut into small pieces, roll each into a ball, brush thoroughly with melted butter and place on a greased baking tray, leave in a warm place for another 30 minutes to rise
4. Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 180 °C until golden brown
5. Prepare the chodo; cut the vanilla pods lengthwise and scrape out the seeds
6. Boil the milk with half of the sugar, starch and vanilla beans and leave it on the stove for about 15 minutes
7. Put the pot of flavoured milk in a water bath, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and gradually whisk them into the hot but not boiling milk to prevent the yolks from curdling
8. Divide the baked buns into plates and pour over the warm vanilla cream, which is exactly the yolk shodo.