Halászlé ze sumce
Last Updated on
This famous Hungarian soup is most often made from several types of fish and has many variations, somewhere in Hungary it is served with semolina gnocchi, elsewhere with wide noodles or bread. In some families, roasted pieces of fish are added to the soup.
1. Remove the gills from the head, cover with water, add the root Vegetable Recipes, onion, spices, salt, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 30 minutes (the boil should be gentle, this is the only way to achieve proper leaching of flavours and nutrients and the broth will remain clear)
2. Strain the finished broth through a sieve, dress the meat and prepare for further preparation
3. Fry the onion in lard, dust with flour, red sweet and hot peppers and pour in the broth, add the sliced peppers and boil briefly
4. Finally, thicken the soup with sour cream, season with salt, pepper and paprika
5. Pour the soup into plates, add pieces of cooked fish meat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
We have chosen bread as a side dish.
Every year in Hungary, competitions are held to cook this famous fisherman’s soup.