Focaccia al formaggio
Last Updated on
Roasted dough mixed with a mixture of eggs, diced cheese, grated parmesan cheese and olive oil, baked until golden brown.
1. Mix the instant yeast in lukewarm water, then mix it with the plain flour, less than a tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt, knead it into a smooth and elastic dough, cover with cling film and leave it to rise for 2 hours in a warm place
2. In a bowl, whisk the beaten eggs and egg yolks, add the diced pecorino cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, 100 ml of olive oil and mix well
3. Dust it with flour, place it in a wider, taller pot greased with lard and leave it to rise for another two hours in a warm place
5. Then brush the top of the dough with the reserved mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 1 hour
6. Serve warm with slices of Parma ham.